Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that my new FREE ebook is now available for download. It’s a really quick read ( only 15 pages ) but gives you, what I believe, are some of the best and easiest ways to dig deeper into being a better musician and guitar player.
Here is a quick glance at the Table of Contents, and a brief run down of each so you know what to expect in each chapter:
- Introduction – My thanks to you, the reader. I also explain a little bit more of my reasons and hopes for creating strumcoach.
- Thoughts and Advice (Fun vs Challenging) – I think we can all agree that 3 and 4 chord songs aren’t really helping you get any better, but does that mean you should stop learning and playing these types of basic and easy songs?
- Getting Better By Playing Songs From Memory – This is the first step to what I like to refer to as “the heart” side of music. Music is a hearing art and I want you to be able to learn how to improve your ear. Learning to play by ear doesn’t have to be a “super-human” feat. Learn how you ALREADY have the skills INSIDE of you to learn how to play by ear.
- Take It To The Next Level – Learning Songs By Ear – This one breaks down how simple the art of playing by ear can really be, as long as you know how to go about doing it.
- Slowing Way Down With Metronomes – If developing your ear is “the heart” side of music, developing your fingers and mind is “the brains” side of music. This step gives an intro to how important using a metronome can be when you’re learning songs or exercises.
- Skyrocket Your Skills With Scales – Scales may not be for everyone, but, I do believe that there is one scale that is fundamental for all of music, and anyone interested in deepening their musical experience should know what that is.
- Scales With Metronomes – This chapter right here sums up what I believe to be the bread and butter of “how to get better faster”. To be clear, there are no shortcuts to putting in time and energy to getting better at guitar. However, this method is, again, in my opinion, the closest thing to a shortcut. I’ve seen total beginners go from not knowing a thing about guitar to playing like crazy in a year using this technique.
- Final Thoughts – And lastly, just some final words and thanks for checking out the book and being a part of the strumcoach community.
To get a copy of this free ebook, simply add your email address into the bar at the top of the screen (you may have to scroll back up the page a little bit to see it). Thanks in advance for checking it out!
Oh, and by the way, don’t forget to let me know what you think of it. I can only make it (and strumcoach) better from real feedback from you!